Green travel essentially means travel that is concerned with protecting the environment and the culture of the places one visits.
Tabacón invites you to include the environment on your itinerary by applying green tips:
Planning Your Trip:
- Search for "green" hotels, these are accommodations whose goals are to preserve the environment and reduce waste by Sustainable Tourism Programs.
- Make your reservation Carbon Neutral.
- Turn off and unplug all appliances in your home.
- Turn off water connection.
- Use electronic tickets for your airline flights.
- Opt for a hybrid rent a car.
While at Your Destination:
When leaving the room, turn off all lights and appliances, and turn down the heat or A/C.
- Take short showers and turn off the water when brushing teeth.
- Reuse your towels and bed sheets in order to conserve water and electricity. If you do not need fresh towels hang them up and if you need fresh ones then simply leave them on the floor. If you want your sheets to be changed place the card you will find in your room on your bed or else your sheets will not be changed unless requested.
- We encourage you to recycle by using the special containers found in the general areas of the Resort.
- Support the recycling policies in any country you visit. Use recycled paper wherever available.
- Avoid the excessive use of wrappers and plastic bags when you do purchases.
- Respect local wildlife and local native cultures. Avoid buying anything made from endangered species. Please be reminded that flora or fauna extraction is not allowed.
- When hiking, stay on marked trails, and follow any posted rules about interaction with local animals.
- Whenever possible, buy local and locally grown products. Buy souvenirs handmade by the local artisans.
- Visit the local towns, taste the local foods.
After your Trip:
Reflect on these environmental suggestions and how they have benefited you and the place you visited.
Apply them at home and consider actively participating in this important effort to protect our planet.
Try to apply these green tips and learn more about good practices for the environment. Sustainable Tourism is the key to protect our homes and the natural resources of the communities where resources are very limited, and local cultures and traditions are in danger being forgotten.
These efforts to reduce environmental impact are not overly disruptive to a vacation routine, and can help greatly in reducing pollution, global warming and interference with the local environment.
Your choice can make a difference!