When you visit Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort coming on a One Day Tour, staying at a hotel in Arenal area or staying at one of our luxury hotel rooms, there are some suggestion and policies you should know about. Please take a couple of minutes to review them our for experiencing and enjoying your visit to the unique thermal springs resort and assure a memorable time of your vacation in Costa Rica.
- Staying in the natural pools for more than 15 minutes at a time is not recommended as our body temperature is lower than the water temperature which could lead to dehydration, low blood pressure, nausea and fainting.
- It is extremely important to take care while in the river as it due to the varying currents of the river.
- For security reasons we do not recommend that children under the age of 12 enter the waterfall areas.
- For maximum enjoyment of the pools we recommend wearing bathing suits and comfortable and safe sandals as areas can be slippery.
- We recommend that you wait about one hour after eating before entering the hot springs.
- People who have been drinking alcohol or are taking medications should not use the pools.
- Pregnant women should follow their doctor's instructions before entering the hot springs or thermal pools.
- In case of thunderstorms or rain, please take precautions and/or ask for instructions.
- In case of an emergency or a volcanic contingency, it is requested that you follow the instructions of Tabacón staff who are trained for this purpose.
- Jumping off or using the slide by more than one person at a time is not permitted.
- Adults must supervise their children at all times and in all areas.
- No trespassing beyond property limits is allowed.
- Food and beverage consumption is allowed in the main Pool Bar area only.
- No person may bring food and beverage into the hot springs resort.
- No glass bottles or containers may be brought into the property.
- Running or playing at the common areas, or jumping into pools is not allowed.
- Guests must exercise care when walking in the common areas as the grounds are wet.
- Those who have suffered a heart attack or who suffer from hypertension should not use the thermal water facilities.
- Older adults should remain in the company of a family member while at the thermal water pools.
- Exercise caution when walking in the rivers as the river stones may be slippery or sharp.
- Plants may not be removed from the hot springs areas.
- Photographs are not allowed in the Grand Spa area.
- Personal photography and videos are allowed. However, no photos or videos may be taken of other guests.
- For photography or filming for advertising, professional or educational purposes, please contact the marketing department for approval and for a guided tour of the facility.
- The Tabacon Hot Springs are open from 10am - 10pm.
- All adults and children must wear a bracelet for admission to the hot springs, indicating that you are a guest of the resort. No trespassers are allowed.
- According to the Law 9028 Smoke Free Environment of Costa Rica effective March 2012; smoking in all public places be it indoors or outdoors is strictly prohibited. This legislation includes any and all areas of the Resort Property such as: all hotel & resort areas, guest rooms, restaurants, bars, lobby, pool areas, The Grand Spa, walk ways, gardens and green areas.